Sunday 25 May 2014

Marta's quilt fabics

I've been wanting to make a quilt for my sister and brother in law, Marta and Orlando, for a while now. Marta is coming to visit us later this year in September, so my thoughts have turned to making her a quilt. That gives me around 3-4 months to make and quilt this gift, so not a whole stack of time, but hopefully enough.

I saw a beautiful quilt by Ann D. Hansen called 'x-tra ordinary' (p.28 of her book 'make it Modern Quilts') and fell in love with it straight away. I reckon it looks pretty fancy but achievable in the time frame i have....


x-tra ordinary 2; p.32 make it Modern Quilts by Ann D. Hansen

So while my husband was recently in the U.S. i asked him to pick me up some Amy Butler Soul Blossoms fabrics from Hawthawn Threads. I haven't used any fabrics from this range before but wasn't disappointed when they arrived home with my husband yesterday. The colours are so pretty and together with some coordinating solids and a bit of Jennifer Paganelli, Beauty Queen, should suit the x-tra ordinary pattern well.





Now my next quilt making adventure can begin.....now i just need my 'little hurricane' to sleep well so i can get some sewing time in....

Linking up with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is going to look beautiful! the colors are so rich, have fun making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have that quilt done in no time - those fabrics are a fabulous incentive, I wouldn't be able to put them down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great pattern for those fabrics; I look forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo.....I'm always stoked to receive comments so thanks so much for taking the time.

Wishing you many happy quilting hours!