Tuesday 11 March 2014

Whats on my inspiration wall?

A couple of things have really inspired me in recent days and i do hope, they will eventually inspire a quilt creation of some sort.

Sochi Patchwork

Did anyone else see the beautiful patchwork based paraphernalia for the Sochi Winter Olympics? I really loved the colours, design and patchwork foundation.... so pretty



Check out the Bosco site for history behind the making of these gorgeous designs....
Bosco patchwork design history
I'm wondering how i could turn this design into a pattern easy to patchwork? Perhaps triangles? Suggestions? I really like the idea of isolation colours by dark to light too.

Mokoh Design Eco Greeting Card

The other thing that has got me pondering how to make a quilt pattern like it is a card i bought the other day. I really like how the colours are grouped and the triangular/diamond shapes that create the blocks of colour..... a little like the Sochi patchwork i guess....



Linking up with Gemma at Pretty Bobbins for I Quilt Thursdays at Pretty Bobbins

4 comments:

  1. That card! has my wheels spinning too - SO into triangles lately! There has to be a way to pull that off with fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is funky isn't it! I think it will sit on my inspiration wall for quite a while. I do hope to work it into a quilt top later in the year....I don't usually work much with solids, but this could be a good opportunity to work with varying shades....thanks so much for your comment! Let me know if you have any ideas....

      Delete
  2. Your triangle quilt is looking fabulous! I am also wanting to respond to your kind comments left on my blog. But you are a no reply blogger. Check this out if you would like to receive more replies. http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see those beautiful Olympic diamonds and got very excited too! I actually think I saw someone had created a pattern. If I can remember where, I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo.....I'm always stoked to receive comments so thanks so much for taking the time.

Wishing you many happy quilting hours!